Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Let Your Students Know They Will Shine This Year

During my leave of absence I was able to feed my inner “teacher hoarder” by pinning all these amazing classroom ideas on Pinterest. I consider this a total win because I got to think a lot about teaching, pin lots of great ideas, and I didn’t actually have to write lesson plans.

Now that I am going back to teaching I get to actually do some of the things I meant to do or thought about doing but never had time. One of the things I have always wanted to do, but was usually in some kind of frenzied child rearing. lesson planning, classroom setting up activity, is to make something to welcome my students and make them feel special from the very first day of school. My friend made a carefully crafted bag and letter with things like a tissue to dry a classmates tears and an eraser, because we all make mistakes. While I absolutely loved the sentiment, I needed something a little easier to put together!

In the end I came up with this! I write the letter below and attached a glow stick from the Dollar store (they had 8 packs or 15 packs for $1). Very little assembly was required!



I liked it so much that I made it into a freebie in my TPT store, so if you would like to use this little gem it is yours for the taking, just click on the image above!


1 comment: